Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Interview with IFBB Pro Fred "Biggie" Smalls

It's my honor to interview IFBB Pro Fred "Biggie" Smalls

BBI: Give some background about yourself?

FS: I graduated from Salisbury state University with a financial management degree.  I have 4 children.  I am married to Karen Smalls.  Owner of Above & Beyond Physiques.  I am a two time NCAA Powerlifting champion.1996 WNPF Junior World Powerlifting Champion.  I won my pro card by winning the 2010 Heavyweight class at 2010 NPC Nationals.

BBI: What's your favorite thing(s) to do outside bodybuilding?

FS: Dance. Go to the movies, bowling, amusement parks and playing with my kids. 

BBI: What's the next show you're competing in? What's your goal in this show?

FS: The 2013 Arnold Classic. My goal is to shock the bodybuilding world and just show them a totally different version of Fred Biggie Smalls. 

BBI: What did you improve on from your last show?

FS: My ass is bigger and my legs are much improved.

BBI: What are your feelings on the role of social media in bodybuilding?

FS: I think it allows us to communicate more effectively with fans and potential supporters of the sport. I think it has been positive in allowing more athletes in getting the exposure they need.

BBI: What's the best gym you ever trained at or want to train at?

FS: The best train I ever trained at is my own gym the training center in New Castle DE but a close second would be Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym in Long Island New York.

BBI: What's your favorite cheat meal?
FS: Subs, sushi, cheesesteaks & any Peanut Butter style dessert and cheesecake.

BBI: What's the best advice someone gave you

FS: The best advice any one has truly given me is I have one job and that is to get a little better every day. 

BBI: What's the best advice can you give to someone entering bodybuilding?

FS: It is a marathon not a sprint.  Stay focused be consistent and always strive to be a little better every day.

BBI: Do you have a support team to thank?

FS: I would like to thank my beautiful wife Karen and my wonderful children.  My mom and dad for giving me great genetics and their constant support.  My training partners Eric Mattison and Tavaris Walters. My Nutrition Guru, George Farah.

BBI: If sponsors want to contact you for sponsorship or anyone want to contact you for personal training or contest prep, how can they reach you?

FS: abphysiques.net, 302 323 4950 or twitter:@fsmalls1, Facebook; Fred Smalls IFBB Pro, Instagram:Fred Biggie Smalls

I want to thank IFBB Pro Fred Smalls for doing this. It was a pleasure doing this with him. Whoever is going to the Arnold Classic or the fans watching the Arnold online, go watch Fred "Biggie" Smalls put on a performance for the fans.

No comments: