Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bodybuilding Buddy Taken Away

Last Night I found some sad news, My friend John passed away. He was one of my good friends. 

We met at the 2007 NY Pro. We're sitting waiting for some of the competitors to come out & we started talking about the show and what not. He was older than me but we connected & in tune with our bodybuilding knowledge.He thought I was a powerlifter & I thought it was funny. We became tight & our friendship grew. We'd go to many bodybuilding shows together & compare all the competitors. Plus, if one of us was at a show or any event, we'd update each other with pictures or commentary on the show. 

In Spring 2012, both of us had something in common besides bodybuilding, both of us was diagnose with Cancer. So we'd talk about what treatments were getting. He even visited me when I was at the Hope Lodge in PA. We always checked up on each others status. He was looking good and then all of a sudden, I call him and his sister picks up the phone and she tells me he had a seizure. I was shocked! I couldn't believe it. I thought he was gonna make it. So, I was gonna go see him and I text his sister for the information of the hospital and his room number. I wanted to surprise him this weekend but she surprised me instead with the news. He died on the January 17th. I know it's shocking to me that she didn't tell me this sooner.

So, I decided to write this to vent & how much I miss my buddy & fellow bodybuilding fan, John. I'm gonna see you again buddy!

No comments: