This week I wanted to touch on morning nutrition. Everyone always says you have to have breakfast its the most important meal of the day. Why?
Well here we go. When your body has been fasting for 6-8hrs however long you sleep for your muscles starve for nutrition. At this point you are in a catabolic state which is a muscle wasting state and of course eating breakfast puts a stop to it. Not any breakfast will do. Any breakfast is better than no breakfast but here is the best way to go about it. This will also help for all of you that are on the go and don't have time to eat.
I believe that in the morning you have to get the fastest digesting nutrients into your body to start the anabolic process immediately. So here is your fast and muscle saving breakfast. Remember this isn't for a contest dieting bber it is simply for the avg trainer or increase the amounts a bit and it could be for an offseason bodybuilder.
1. Whey Isolate Protein - This is the fastest digesting form of protein you can get and also the easiest if you're running out to work. The fast digestion of this protein immediately starts the anabolic process again.
2. Apple - Personally I like green apples but it doesn't matter. The simple sugar in an apple called fructose will get into your body quickly and start to refill your muscle after the long fast during the night. Apples are slow digesting though so it will give you energy for a little bit.
3. Bagel - Although you had an apple you still need a slower digesting carb to fill in the muscle more and also give you a longer lasting energy till your next meal. I would go for a cinnamon raison, no butter or cream cheese. If you want to be cleaner you can go whole wheat or more cals you can add P.B and J or cream cheese if you really don't care..lol.
This pretty much makes up a good breakfast with fast absorbing protein, fast absorbing carbs and slow for longer energy. There are other examples this is just one.
Actually here is my breakfast every morning for those that are interested. 90g Whey Isolate, 5g Glutamine, 1 Cup Dry Oatmeal, 1 Green Apple. What I do is put the Oatmeal, Protein and Glutamine all in a shaker cup the night before with about 2-3Cups of water. Then I put it in the fridge and go to bed. In the morning the oats are soggy and I just drink/eat it from the shaker cup. I know gross but I like it for some reason..lol. (thats actually Evan Centopani's mix that I stole..lol)
All right enough rambling, make sure you get your breakfast in and please invite your friends to join this group so they can get the good info too!
No comments:
Post a Comment